2018 dates are as follows:
SUN 21 JANUARY, SUN 18 FEBRUARY, and SAT 17 MARCH
Results are available on RowClock: Winter League 2018 Results
March draw available here: March WL Draw
Competitor Instructions here: Competitor Instructions
DIV 1 - 9.00 DIV 2 – 10.40 DIV 3 – 12.20 DIV 4 – 14.00
COURSE – 2,600M UPSTREAM.
A14 ROAD BRIDGE TO 'TOP FINISH' JUST BEFORE GREEN DRAGON BRIDGE
ENTRIES are invited for all boat types and age groups but will be limited to 50 crews per division for safety reasons. In keeping with the original aim of the event, priority will be given to crews entering and paying for all three legs in advance. All other crews will be placed on a waiting list until the entries have closed, when available spaces will be offered to crews in the order in which their entries are received.
New for 2018: In the interest of fair and equal racing we will be trialing Division allocation based on your race Category. As far as possible please plan to race in these divisions.
|Div 1||Div 2||Div 3||Div 4|
|Mens Champ 1x||Mens Champ 4+/4x/4-||Mens Champ 2x/2-||Mens Champ 8+|
|Womens Champ 8+||Womens Champ 1x||Womens Champ 4+/4x/4-||Womens Champ 2x/2-|
|Mens Club A 2x/2-||Mens Club A 8+||Mens Club A 1x||Mens Club A 4+/4x/4-|
|Womens Club A 8+||Womens Club A 2x/2-||Womens Club A 4+/4x/4-||Womens Club A 1x|
|Mens Novice 2x||Mens Novice 8+||Mens Novice 1x||Mens Novice 4+/4x/4-|
|Womens Novice 8+||Womens Novice 2x||Womens Novice 4+/4x/4-||Womens Novice 1x|
|Mens Masters 1x||Mens Masters 4+/4x/4-||Mens Masters 8+||Mens Master 2-/2x|
|Womens Master 4+/4x/4-||Womens Master 1x||Womens Master 2x/2-||Womens Masters 8+|
For all other categories, or if you have any further division preferences/requirements please complete the section in the entry form and we will do our best to accomodate the requests.
ENTRY FEES £7.50 per seat, £6.50 if payment for all 3 legs is received by 9pm 13th January (e.g. £156 for an 8 for all 3 legs if paid by 9pm 13th January)
PRIZES Engraved Prizes will be awarded to winners of categories with three or more entries, based on total times for all three legs.
New for 2018: Trophies will be awarded for Fastest Championship Mens VIII, Fastest Championship Womens VIII, Fastest Championship Mens 1x, Fastest Championship Womens 1x
THE WINTER LEAGUE is only open to clubs affiliated or co-opted to the Cambridgeshire Rowing Association. THE CRA AFFILIATION FEE OF £25.00/CO-OPTION FEE OF £12 MUST BE PAID WITH THE ENTRY Clubs will only be able to race if the fee has been paid prior to the event
ENQUIRIES BY EMAIL TO: email@example.com
CHEQUES TO: Jess Upton, 35 Mariners Way, Cambridge CB4 1BN
(Cheques payable to "Cambridgeshire Rowing Association")
(BACS payment possible. Please request bank details with entry)
ENTRY INFO REQUIRED: Name of club, person making entry, contact telephone number, crews to be entered, preferred division times (inc. 2nd pref. if possible), boat-share & doubling up info. BR registration numbers NOT required.
Online Entry Form can be found here: Winter League 2018 Online Entry
We request all entries are made using the online form.
New for 2018: We will be trialing new race categories. The entry form will require you to submit both your 'Old' BR Category and your 'New' Category
Provisional Race Categories for 2018: Sweep and Sculling are separate status.
- Championship - highest category: aimed at crews who will be racing off-cam at National events this season. (See notes below)
- Club A - average more than 2 BR or CRA event wins in last 24 months (head race or regatta) who are below Championship level.
- Club B - average less than 2 BR or CRA event wins in last 24 months (head race or regatta) on or off cam
- Novice - Maximum of 2 members of the crew have won a BR or CRA event (head race or regatta) before 1st September 2017.
- A crew may always enter a higher category than that for which they are qualified
- The status of a crew as at close of entries (9PM ON SAT 13 JANUARY 2018) will apply for all 3 legs of the winter league, assuming the personnel don't change
- No substitutions that will take the crew into a higher category are allowed without the crew changing status or racing Time OnlyShould any category have more than 8 entries the organiser reserves the right to expand the categories (e.g Club A, Club B, Club C or Novice and Beginner).
- Should a category have 2 or fewer entries the organiser reserves the right to combine categories to create meaningful competition.
6PM SATURDAY 30 DECEMBER for CRA affiliated clubs in eights, octopules, fours and quads
6PM SATURDAY 6 JANUARY for CRA affiliated clubs in double/pairs and singles
If any spare capacity entries open 6PM WEDNESDAY 10 JANUARY for those clubs eligible to co-opt to the CRA
In order to manage entries crew boats are asked to only enter one division i.e. no doubling up.
Any entries received before the appropriate time will be deleted unread. The entry form will go live at 6pm Saturday 30th December.
ENTRIES CLOSE: 9PM ON SAT 13 JANUARY 2018
Numbers, results, refreshments and snacks may be obtained at the City of Cambridge Rowing Club
The Winter League is organised for the Cambridgeshire Rowing Association by members of the City of Cambridge Rowing Club and the X-Press Boat Club
This event will be run in accordance with British Rowing's Rowsafe Code of Practice.