2019 dates are as follows:
SAT 19 JANUARY, SUN 17 FEBRUARY, and SUN 24 MARCH
Competitor Instructions will be added nearer the event
DIV 1 - 9.00 DIV 2 – 10.40 DIV 3 – 12.20 DIV 4 – 14.00
COURSE – 2,600M UPSTREAM.
A14 ROAD BRIDGE TO 'TOP FINISH' JUST BEFORE GREEN DRAGON BRIDGE
ENTRIES are invited for all boat types and age groups but will be limited to 50 crews per division for safety reasons. In keeping with the original aim of the event, priority will be given to crews entering and paying for all three legs in advance. All other crews will be placed on a waiting list until the entries have closed, when available spaces will be offered to crews in the order in which their entries are received.
2019: In the interest of fair and equal racing we will allocating divisions based on your race Category. Division allocations to be added here soon.
If you have any further division preferences/requirements please complete the section in the entry form and we will do our best to accomodate the requests.
PROVISIONAL ENTRY FEES £8 per seat, £7 if payment for all 3 legs is received by 9pm 12th January (e.g. £168 for an 8 for all 3 legs if paid by 9pm 12th January)
PRIZES Engraved Prizes will be awarded to winners of categories with three or more entries, based on total times for all three legs.
Trophies will be awarded for Fastest Championship Mens VIII, Fastest Championship Womens VIII, Fastest Championship Mens 1x, Fastest Championship Womens 1x
THE WINTER LEAGUE is only open to clubs affiliated or co-opted to the Cambridgeshire Rowing Association. THE CRA AFFILIATION FEE OF £25.00/CO-OPTION FEE OF £12 MUST BE PAID WITH THE ENTRY Clubs will only be able to race if the fee has been paid prior to the event
ENQUIRIES BY EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEQUES TO: Jess Upton, 35 Mariners Way, Cambridge CB4 1BN
(Cheques payable to "Cambridgeshire Rowing Association")
(BACS payment possible. Please request bank details with entry)
ENTRY INFO REQUIRED: Name of club, person making entry, contact telephone number, crews to be entered, preferred division times (inc. 2nd pref. if possible), boat-share & doubling up info. BR registration numbers NOT required.
Online Entry Form will be made available when entries open
We request all entries are made using the online form.
We will be continuing with new race categories used in 2018. The entry form will require you to submit both your 'Old' BR Category and your 'New' Category
Race Categories for 2019: Sweep and Sculling are separate status.
- Championship - highest category: aimed at crews who will be racing off-cam at National events this season. (See notes below)
- Club A - average more than 2 BR or CRA event wins in last 24 months (head race or regatta) who are below Championship level.
- Club B - average less than 2 BR or CRA event wins in last 24 months (head race or regatta) on or off cam
- Novice - Maximum of 2 members of the crew have won a BR or CRA event (head race or regatta) before 1st September 2018.
- A crew may always enter a higher category than that for which they are qualified
- The status of a crew as at close of entries (9PM ON SAT 12 JANUARY 2019) will apply for all 3 legs of the winter league, assuming the personnel don't change
- No substitutions that will take the crew into a higher category are allowed without the crew changing status or racing Time OnlyShould any category have more than 8 entries the organiser reserves the right to expand the categories (e.g Club A, Club B, Club C or Novice and Beginner).
- Should a category have 2 or fewer entries the organiser reserves the right to combine categories to create meaningful competition.
6PM SATURDAY 29 DECEMBER 2018 for CRA affiliated clubs in eights, octopules, fours and quads
6PM SATURDAY 5 JANUARY 2019 for CRA affiliated clubs in double/pairs and singles
If any spare capacity entries open 6PM WEDNESDAY 9 JANUARY 2019 for those clubs eligible to co-opt to the CRA
In order to manage entries crew boats are asked to only enter one division i.e. no doubling up.
Any entries received before the appropriate time will be deleted unread. The entry form will go live at 6pm Saturday 29th December.
ENTRIES CLOSE: 9PM ON SAT 12 JANUARY 2019
Numbers, results, refreshments and snacks may be obtained at the Cambridge 99's Rowing Club who are kindly hosting the event whilst City of Cambridge Rowing Club is being re-built.
The Winter League is organised for the Cambridgeshire Rowing Association by members of the City of Cambridge Rowing Club and the X-Press Boat Club
This event will be run in accordance with British Rowing's Rowsafe Code of Practice.